OpenOffice.org Dictionaries

Phil Anderson phil at phil-anderson.com
Sat Apr 10 01:00:48 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure if this topic has been brought up before, but is there any
reason why the extra OpenOffice.org spelling and  hyphenation
dictionaries aren't included in Fedora Core or Fedora.us?

Unless anyone has any reason not to, I am going to package them.  I'll
put each language in it's own RPM, containing both the spelling and the
hyphenation dictionaries.

e.g.
openoffice.org-dicts-en_CS.20040410-0.fdr.1.1.noarch.rpm
openoffice.org-dicts-en_AU.20040410-0.fdr.1.1.noarch.rpm

Do you think I should use one big source RPM for all the languages?  The
down side of this is that the dictionaries are updated in an ad-hoc
manner, so you would have to rebuild the whole lot if you only wanted to
update one language.

For your information, the dictionaries are at:
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/spell_dic.html
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/hyph_dic.html

--
Phil Anderson <phil at phil-anderson.com>