Re: Prelink hates me

Scott Sloan wrote:

Prelink ran not 5 mins ago and I notice a huge increase in memory usage,
jumping from 15% to 94%, nothing changing but prelink running. I was
wondering if anyone else has had a similar occurrence?

I witnessed the same behavior, and it is 100% reproducible. The memory seems to not be owned by any process (using top and ps). It is really used because the system starts to swap when I try to start a new program. And this happens with 768 MB of RAM. Is it normal, or is prelink to blame?

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 nomis80 org> -- http://nomis80.org