Re: Dependency hell

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 05:43, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai welho com> wrote:
> In the long run apt should probably run in it's own domain with suitable
> restrictions on the methods etc... but this all raises the question:
> How are 3rd party packages supposed to ship their own policy settings in
> a sane manner?

I've added rpm_exec_t entries for the apt programs in my tree.

If we are going to have apt as a recommended program or if we have some setup
with yum or up2date whereby one program gets the files and another does the
install (similar to the apt-get/dpkg) then we could write policy to
support/enforce that distinction.

However I expect apt to be phased out, so it's probably not worth doing.