Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Mon Apr 12 16:46:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 12:41:41PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> I guess the disadvantage of individual language packs is that users have
> to go off and find them and install them.  Consider:
It might be easier to search for RPMs than for an additional,
application-specific mechanism.

> o  Additional logic applied to Anaconda to install only the languages
> necessary for the user (not sure, will ask Jeremy how much work it will
> be)
This is already done for kde-i18n-* and seems to work fine.

> o  Must be _root_ to install these language packs.  With DicOOo you
> don't have to be.
You don't lose the ability to install them with DicOOo, though.

Basically, this is exactly the same argument as "do we include a package
in the distribution or do we let the users install it themselves?".

I obviously can't force an answer on you, but I can help if you happen
to agree with me :)
	Mirek