Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Mon Apr 12 17:17:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 01:08:14PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> An argument against individual i18n files is that if you have an errata
> for OpenOffice.org, the you have to do the QA process and errata _every_
> single one of the i18n packages too, which is more administrative
> overhead.
Why push an errata for dictionaries? Assuming the file format does not
 change and the upgrade doesn't change dictionary.lst, AFAICS they can
happily stay in /usr/lib/openoffice/share/dict/ooo (although I admit I
haven't looked at hyphenation and thesaurus).

This might be more difficult for grammar checkers, though.

> Also, I hear that the KDE i18n stuff is special-cased inside of
> Anaconda, the same would have to be done for OOo if that is true (jeremy
> is at lunch right now).
A quick grep does not confirm that.
	Mirek