Re: Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Le mer, 14/04/2004 à 13:08 +0800, Colin Charles a écrit :

> On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 13:26, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>
> > Seconded - each program having it's own auto-update/install mechanism is a
> > hideous misfeature of Windows-world, lets not go there please. For example
> > DicOOo doesn't seem to support proxies currently (and yes I've set up
> > the proxies in OOo config) so it's unusable for me at work. Never mind
> > that I seriously dislike random programs fetching stuff over the Internet
> > to install something. I'd much rather see the language packs as gpg-signed
> > rpm's.
>
> Shouldn't we stick to mainstream as much as possible?

We do not stick to upstream when upstream habits are contrary to core
distribution processes.

The Fedora install/update system is rpm, and nothing else. I hear no one
clamoring for restauration of the other custom update processes Fedora
already ignores.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot