ASUS SK8V and Sound

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Thu Apr 15 10:14:07 UTC 2004

OK, I am looking for someone who has a ASUS SK8V motherboard (the one for
socket940) and who is running Fedora Core 2 Test 2.  There appear to be a
number of folks who have the ASUS K8V socket754 motherboard and it may truly
be identical except for the socket but I do not know that so I am focusing on
the SK8V.

My problem is sound.  The SK8V has a VIA8322 adapter on the mobo ( VIA
Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)).

It does not work on FC2.  It works fine on FC1 but the sound drivers are OSS
on FC1 and ALSA on FC2.  On FC2, everything (e.g, system-config-soundcard)
goes through the motions but no sound comes from the speakers.  Yes, I have
the volume settings all maxed out and (after the selinux policy was fixed)
that seems to be working ... but no sound.

Anyone with an SK8V and running FC2, is your sound working or not?
--
Gene