Kernel RPM question: What if...

Hi,

What if I wanted to build a kernel RPM for FC1 that was like the existing 2.4.22 ones except for being 2.4.26? Where would I start? I see that the spec is fairly long, and includes a bunch of patches, etc. Can anyone give me a hint on a starting point? Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

The reason I'm trying to do this is that with FC1 stock kernels I am getting random kernel *freezes* - not panics or even oopses - on multiple machines even when trying the usual frequently recommended "apm=off acpi=off nohlt" recommended incantations. It's my hope that some kind of bugfix has been applied somewhere along the line that would address this problem, as I can't seem to debug it.

Any ideas of any kind in this vein would be greatly appreciated at this point...

Thanks,
Martin