Re: Kernel RPM question: What if...

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:05 -0400, Martin Stone wrote:

The reason I'm trying to do this is that with FC1 stock kernels I am getting random kernel *freezes* - not panics or even oopses - on multiple machines even

It is likely you have a hardware fault.

Did you try booting with FC1 cd and entered memtest (IIRC)?

Hugs, Rui

I'd agree except that I have this problem on five different machines - I judge it very unlikely that all five have bad RAM... Additionally, the machines are all different hardware. Practically the only thing they have in common is... FC1.