Re: ALSA in a 2.6 world

Russell Coker wrote:
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 05:19, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
[regarding installing a kernel from rawhide for ALSA]

Normally yes. But I's not that easy that my parents could do it and not
99% risk free (nothing ist 100% risk free ;-) ). An it's way harder and
riskier then installing a windows device driver. This is the level I
want to reach (okay, with I dream of).

So your parents need bleeding-edge ALSA sound capabilities? My parents didn't even notice when I broke sound on their machine and I still haven't got around to fixing it...

I intentionally don't let my parents install anything on their machine. When they need something installed I'll install it for them. Making Fedora administration possible for the average office worker or the average child is worth-while, making it possible for the average 60yo is not going to work.

Hey! watch that about 60yo, there might be some 59 1/2 year old lurking that may have been programming before you were born 8-}