Re: Problems with latest updates. Kernel + X.

Dragoran wrote:
Nvidia's problem; they can't deal with the 4K stacks in the Fedora
kernel (and now in the vanilla tree as well, apparently soon non-optional there as well). They'll probably fix it in a while. Nobody else can.

i thought CONFIG_REGPARMS is the problem not the 4K stacks....

I'm using Fedora Core 2 Test 2 with all the updates and vanilla 2.6.6-rc1 with CONFIG_REGPARMS enabled. The Nvidia drivers work fine with that setup. So as far as I can tell, the problem is the 4K stacks (which I did not enable).

Regards,
Ismael