Re: Who is to write /etc/modprobe.conf?

Bill Nottingham wrote:

Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev redhat com) said:

Hi, All:

On FC2T2, I ran system-soundcard-config, and it did not play a test sound.
It turned out that it runs kudzu, and once kudzu is done, it expects that
necessary modules would autoload, which was not the case, because the
/etc/modprobe.conf did not have the necessary entries:

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

Won't work. You can't have an alias to an alias with the new module
tools.

This is cleaned up some in current rawhide modutils/kudzu/s-c-soundcard.

Bill

I don't mean to be rude but what the he** is "cleaned up some" supposed to mean? I'm current with rawhide and s-c-soundcard doesn't work so there is no sound.
Thanks for your "help"
Richard Hally