Re: Network Connects Slowly In Kernel 2.6 Using IPv6

Jeff Pitman wrote:
Hi all:

The following is just a "word of warning" about IPv6 causing initial connect slowness in Kernel 2.6.

I presume this isn't the same bug as mentioned in the linux tips section of http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/41 It said there was a clash between the typeaheadfind functionality in mozilla and ipv6. Solutions were to disable typeaheadfind in about:config or comment out the ipv6 entries in /etc/resolv.conf I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else so it may be bogus?

Pádraig.