Re: postfix aliases file (in light of setup, sendmail, and exim)

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Warren Togami wrote:

> One issue with changing postfix to share the same aliases file as other
> MUA's is that postfix disallows mail delivery to root by default.

You make it sound like this is a configuration problem. It is not. Since
postfix does not run suid root it is impossible for it to deliver mail
to the root account.

> Because of this the root alias MUST be configured manually.  Has a
> solution to this been proposed?

I do not seen this as a problem. Root mail on a postfix system will goto
the postfix user unless you change the alias in /etc/postfix/aliases.

What kind of solution would you want for a non-problem?

Regards,

Tom