Re: Who is to write /etc/modprobe.conf?

Michael A. Peters wrote:

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 20:09, Richard Hally wrote:

Hi all,
the s-c-soundcard function identifies the sound card as "Crystal Clear Sound Fusion Audio Accelerator" and the module: snd-cs46xx. The "play test sound" does not produce the "struming sound".

Gnome Menu --> Sound & Video --> Volume Control

It's possible your volume is turned all the way down in there - it was
for me (nforce2 audio) and I could not heear the "struming sound" - but
turning up the proper channels in the mixer fixed that.

When I go thru the menu as above I get "Sorry, no mixer elements and/or devices found" in an error box. When I try the little volume control on the panel, the slider is a the bottom and and when I drag it up it returns to the bottom.
But thanks for reminding me to check.
Richard Hally