Re: scp and ~/.bashrc errors, still around with Fedora

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:46:10AM -0400, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > ls: /var/run/main.cf: No such file or directory
> > [kaboom d1000 kaboom]$ scp -p root slartibartfast:/etc/postfix/main.cf root scratchmonkey:/var/run
> > [kaboom d1000 kaboom]$ ssh root scratchmonkey ls -l /var/run/main.cf
>
> It works providing no password prompting is done. The moment password prompting
> is done remote to remote ssh breaks badly

FWIW, that also happens with the OpenSSH-derived ssh implementation that
shipped in more recent Solaris, so it's not just a Linux PAM issue.

I just chalk it up as one more reason to use key-based authentication
instead of passwords....

later,
chris