Fedora Core 2 Test 3...

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 08:45:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 01:29, Richard Hally wrote:

> The previous poster implied that "it could be anything". I'd like to
> hear from someone at redhat whether it is really redhat or not. If it is
> a fake mirror, don't you think redhat would be concerned? If it is a
> good mirror why would Bill Notingham say Tuesday when it is already out?

I only implied it could be anything if you haven't verified the md5sum
against official.

If it is genuine (as I suspect) then it's probably a mis-configured
mirror that allows read access before it should.

But me - I get the MD5SUM from the official fedora server - and then the
ISO's from whatever fast mirror is close. Since I can't currently get
the MD5SUM from the Fedora official server - I don't trust the content
of that mirror. It could be anything.

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/