gtk+ from gnome cvs needs automake 1.7 - 1.9 is installed, what to do ?

M.Clasen webmaster at hg-carstyling.de
Fri Aug 6 08:53:12 UTC 2004

Hello Owen,

i have to say sorry and yes, it compiles if automake17 is installed.
what happened ?
i got the automake packages 1.4 - 1.7 from tu-chemnitz.de mirror,
installed them and did not see, that automake17 was simple a corrupt
download, so rpm won`t install it.
i checked this out, just after i read your mail here and sorry, i found
this was my error.

after new download and installing automake17, the gtk+ cvs source
autogen.sh works fine.

i do not know, why i did not see that, but thx ppl and sorry for
traffic.

regards

Michael