SGI Altix working with Fedora Core Development

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Aug 13 18:00:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 11:56, Erik Jacobson wrote:
> Just a quick note -
>
> SGI Altix (ia64) is working ok with the current Fedora Core Development
> bits.  The installer works normally, and booting up the installed system

Hi Erik,

Nice!  Fedora on Itanium sounds convenient, especially for smaller
systems.  I've built a few Fedora RPMs on our new Altix 350 and was
happy to see things work.

So does SGI have any sort of position on Fedora for Altix?  Making ia64
RPMs easily available (perhaps even creating/supporting a repository)
seems like a good way to promote that architecture.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307