Several Different kernel related (?) problems

Philip Anderson pza at pza.net.au
Sun Aug 15 13:22:21 UTC 2004

Tim Waugh wrote:
> It sounds more like the known bug in 2.6.7-1.494.2.2 that causes
> tcp_moderate_rcvbuf to pull in the TCP window to ridiculously small
> sizes, even with window scaling disabled.
>
> Try 'echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_moderate_rcvbuf', or else try the
> current testing kernel update for FC2.

I gave kernel-smp-2.6.8-1.520 a test run on my desktop before putting it
on the server, and the kernel crashes on boot with an NFS error. I guess
that that won't be a problem on the server, as the server isn't an NFS
client. I'm not sure if it's the same bug which caused the 2.6.8.1 release.

BTW.... Is there any easy way to record the stack trace, etc from kernel
crashes?  Or do you have to use pen & paper?

Phil