Re: latest kudzu changes

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 11:29, Steve G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated to kudzu-1.1.79-1 and I see something ominous. Kudzu now depends
> on hal, which depends on dbus, which depends on gtk and all that X stuff. You now
> cannot have a console only system.

Please file a bug on HAL.  This should not be the case though I might
have a dependency somewhere pulling in the hal-gnome packages where it
shouldn't.  Kudzu should only depend on fstab-sync which depends on hal
which depends on dbus etc.  Nowhere should it depend on hal-gnome which
depends on PyGtk...

> What drove the decision to make kudzu dependant on having X installed? I would
> rather help solve the problem that caused this move than install X on servers.

There was no decision to make kudzu dependent on X.  It is a bug which I
thank you for bringing to my attention.

--
J5