latest kudzu changes

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 16:20:13 UTC 2004

>This should not be the case though I might have a dependency somewhere pulling
>in the hal-gnome packages where it shouldn't.

Here's the chain of offending dependencies:

kudzu -> hal -> libdbus-glib-1.so.0

dbus-glib -> libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0, libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0, libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0,
libpangox-1.0.so.0

OK, I'll file the bug.

However, it might be simpler to fix kudzu to do its own thing. It runs with 05 as
its chkconfig priority. This is before nearly anything else runs. If hal is a
daemon, it will be starting after kudzu, as will dbus. I see a nasty problem
coming.

What did kudzu not do that hal fixes?

-Steve Grubb