multihomed NFS automounts.

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Aug 20 08:55:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 09:31, Nils Philippsen wrote:
>
> > Please open an RFE in bugzilla against autofs, attach your patch there
> > ("this is what we did to util-linux to get the functionality") so that
> > things don't get lost.

And please mail the bugzilla number here - I'm interested in this as well
(did an awful ugly ping-hack to mount to kinda support this a few years
ago as well :)

> I forgot: whether autofs will be enhanced or not (or how) is entirely up
> to its package maintainer of course.

Dunno if hpa is still the autofs maintainer but if so, it's unlikely to
end up in autofs since he thinks it belongs in mount instead :)
http://old.lwn.net/1999/0225/a/autofs.html (the bit about "replicated
servers" which is the Solaris term for it)

	- Panu -