Lastest Kernel update breaks k3b

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Aug 21 01:52:31 UTC 2004

dragoran wrote:
> I installed kernel 2.6.8-1.521 today via up2date and k3b stopped working
> (doesn't detect burners)
> I know that this is a known bug but why does redhat release a kernel
> with a known bug as an update?
> Wouldn't it be better to wait until this bugs are fixed before releasing
> an update?

Well I see this problem too. But nautilus-cd-burner seems to detect my
burner just fine, and so does k3b if I tell it to burn a dvd. I would
guess that in both of these situations growisofs is being used instead
of cdrecord (or dvdrecord). At least nautilus-cd-burner uses it.

Carlos

--
url: http://crodrigues.webhop.net