USB mass-storage (e.g. camera): how to access?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Aug 22 14:08:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 14:50 +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> I just tried plugging in a USB camera, which acts as a mass storage
> device, and expected to be able to point and click to see the pictures
> on it.  Put there is nothing in the 'Computer' window to click on!
>
> How is this meant to work?  All I know is that it doesn't..

To clarify, the way this is supposed to work is just as you described,
no user intervention at all e.g. no manual editing of /etc/fstab etc.
You might also want to be aware of the this issue with Nautilus

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-August/msg00592.html

Hope this helps,
David