USB mass-storage (e.g. camera): how to access?

Charles Lopes tjarls at iee.lu
Mon Aug 23 12:26:24 UTC 2004

Tim Waugh wrote:

>I just tried plugging in a USB camera, which acts as a mass storage
>device, and expected to be able to point and click to see the pictures
>on it.  Put there is nothing in the 'Computer' window to click on!
>
>How is this meant to work?  All I know is that it doesn't..
>
>I have today's rawhide packages installed, upgraded from FC2 a couple
>of weeks ago.
>
>Tim.
>*/

For this to work with today's rawhide, I had to manually create a
symlink to /usr/sbin/fstab-sync in /etc/hal/device.d/. The link should
have been created by the post-install script of the hal rpm but it was
nevertheless missing.

Charles

--
Charles Lopes
Assistant IT Manager

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed
or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly
prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.