Newer MySQL?

Stephen J Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 24 20:23:23 UTC 2004

Young, Michael wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Could someone please enlighten me? Why isn't a newer version of MySQL,
> like 4.x, shipping with FC? Is it because Postgre is the DB of choice,
> or is it a license thing?

In the past it was a license issue with the fact that the GPL conflicted
with various plugins that were LGPL/BSD based and needed an LGPL
licensed core. I dont know if that has changed with the various MySQL
variances that have been put into its licenses.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Michael Young
> System Administrator
> TransCore - Albuquerque MIS

Be careful of that Left turn on I-25.. you can end up almost anywhere.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 | PH: 4-0645