callgrind and graphviz

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Tue Aug 31 14:04:58 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote:

> Caolan McNamara wrote:
>
>> The kdesdk rpm includes kcachegrind, but callgrind and graphviz are not
>> in FC3, callgrind is the actual calltree generating backend for
>> kcachegrind, while graphviz is used to draw the pretty calltree
>> diagrams.
>> Are there existing reasons why they are not in FC ? oversights or is
>> there licence issues, esp with graphviz ?
>>
>> C.
>

> Don't know answers to your questions, but if graphviz has
> license/legal issues then we should remove it from Extras.
>
> http://www.fedora.us/pkglists/2/stable/graphviz-1.10-0.fdr.3.2.src.rpm.html
>
> (If not, then we should upgrade it to latest version?)
>
> Warren

Graphviz will also generate some very nice diagrams for Doxygen, BTW.

You may find there are license issues.  Debian only include graphviz in
their non-free collection.
There is an effort underway to make the license more acceptable, but
this is in the hands of the
AT&T lawyers and out of the control of the developers.  All we can do is
to tell them is that we want
the license to be acceptable to the OpenSource community, which we have.

As to version, 1.10 is very old and graphviz-1.14 was just released
yesterday, so please do upgrade.

John Ellson (a Graphviz developer).