ia32e, er EM64T that is...

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 13:42:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 01:56:22PM +0100, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> The nvidia module loads (with a warning about
> increasing swiotlb), but it fails with
> rm_init_adapter failed. I tried setting
> swiotlb to 16384 or 32768, but it didn't help.

Correct. The Nvidia driver wants huge amounts of I/O memory space below 32bit.
Various other drivers have similar issues due to the lack of an IOMMU. There
has been some discussion and proposals on the kernel list about ways to handle
this better but that is certainly not likely to occur until after 2.6.10