config files obfuscation [was: Configuring NFS under Linux for Firewall control]

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Thu Dec 2 15:01:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 14:02 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 16:22 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > I haven't BZ'd this since I wasn't sure if anyone agreed with my
> > suggestion, but will do so if I can get a second on the motion.
>
> I'm not sure about the details either, but overall this is what i was
> talking about.
> Perhaps don't leave the *PORT variables empty, but add sensible
> values?
>
> --
> Florin Andrei

Sounded like a second to me.  Consider this an "All in favor say aye.
Aye!" response.  Very nice start.  Have wished for other files commented
as well as smb.conf, and agree that every config file should at least
have a commented template.

Perhaps a new thread, noting your BZ RFE, and soliciting suggestions (or
submitting more good examples) for other /etc/... files that deserve
this treatment is in order.

Phil