Kudzu and automatic detection

Kjetil Nygård kjetil at fribyte.uib.no
Mon Dec 6 11:21:54 UTC 2004

In my office I have a printer which I don't have at home. And everytime
I come to the office, kudzu want to "configure" the printer. And when I
come home, it want to remove the printer again.

I also noticed that if I plugged the printer after starting the machine,
and kudzu has not configured my printer, the printer works just fine.

So I wonder if this is an unnecessary kudzu-configuration which should
be fixed?

My printer is a HP laserjet 2200dn connected through USB. I run Fedora
Core 3, and of cause CUPS is the printer daemon.

--
Kjetil Nygård
Tlf: +47 41 47 43 37