Self-Introduction: Jonathan Leighton

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 13 22:11:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 21:21 +0000, Jonathan Leighton [Turnip] wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:

> >FYI, Inkscape is included in fedora.us/Fedora Extras, currently at
> >version 0.40.
> >
> Really? Could you give me a link please? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong
> places, but I can't find any packages greater than version 0.39.

Me neither, nothing on http://download.fedora.us nor in Fedora.us
bugzilla as far as I can see. Do my bugzilla skills suck that badly?

Perhaps I should also warn potential users that it is absolutely crucial
to have the gtkmm stack (libsigc++, glibmm, gtkmm) compiled with GCC 3.4
and linked against the corresponding libstdc++ in order to get Inkscape
to run after compiling it with GCC 3.4. This is an example of when the
Fedora.us packages for FC2 don't work well on FC3 (of course, you could
compile Inkscape on FC2 and it should work fine though.) It seems
fundamentally wrong from a packaging point of view to force-build the
Inkscape RPM using the compat-* toolchain.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University