Status on that intel GFX chip? + r128

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Tue Dec 14 19:17:02 UTC 2004

tir, 14.12.2004 kl. 11.36 skrev Hans de Goede:
> kyrre at solution-forge.net wrote:
> > Which driver (xorg.conf) and xorg verson is that?
> >

> Erm I'm not behind that machine right now, but its an FC2 install with
> xorg upgraded from rawhide somewhere during FC3 testing. I'm using the
> i810 driver afaik. The only problem I had was that the later xorg want
> to load i915.o as drm module for the kernel and that wasn't shipped by
> fedora at that time. I've filed a bug about this and later kernels have
> it. I'm usign the latest kernel from FC2-updates.
>
> BTW The reason for going to the rawhide xorg was that the FC2 xorg
> crashes whenever a 3d screensaver kicks in, or maybe it was a powersave
> problem, either way the current FC3 xorg should be fixed also.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

So you can confirm that rawhide xorg + newest stable kernel (then fc3
should work as well) works? Any news from those people actually doing
the driver development/testing/packaging?

I have checked bugzilla, but nothing of interest.

Same basically goes to the rage 128 (?), which also seems broken. The
vesa driver works there, though.