rawhide report: 20041213 changes

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 17:44:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 02:56:57PM +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

 > > * Sat Dec 11 2004 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
 > > - Workaround broken pci posting in AGPGART.
 >
 > Dave, I already read about this (and the associated can of worms) in your
 > blog. Are these bugs performance critical, i.e. does fixing them make AGP
 > faster?

No, purely a stability problem.  There's very little code in the agpgart
driver thats actually performance critical, as most of it is just used
during startup. The ioctl is the only thing thats used outside of that,
which sets up a bunch of tables, and points hw registers at them.
The hardware does most of the work.

		Dave