Inkscape 0.40 [was Re: Self-Introduction: Jonathan Leighton]

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Wed Dec 15 22:37:24 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 15:41 -0600, Richard June wrote:
> > FYI, Inkscape is included in fedora.us/Fedora Extras, currently at
> > version 0.40.
> Really? I'm running fc3 and would love to have inkscape RPMs from
> Fedora
> Extras. where can I download them?

The FC2 SRPM
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/SRPMS.stable/inkscape-0.39-0.fdr.1.2.src.rpm

builds/runs fine under FC3 (x86_64).  Required libsigc++-devel

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/SRPMS.stable/libsigc++-1.2.5-0.fdr.5.2.src.rpm

Building 0.40 was a considerable diversion.  Required the following non-
FC3 packages to be built to satisfy dependencies.

libgc-6.2
libsigc++20-2.0.6
gtkmm2-2.4.6
glibmm-2.4.5
inkscape-0.40

Don't have a public site to dump packages, but spec files are attached
if they may be helpful.

Phil