fedora-d-rh] Re: Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Dec 17 07:26:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:45:05 -0500 (EST), R P Herrold
> <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
>> Where may I (or anyone not an insider) pull a copy of 'the
>> buildsystem that Red Hat has created' today, so that I can try
>> it before committing to it?  I missed the release notice.
>
> Thank you for pointing out that I mispoke. I very much meant to
> restrict my comment in that post to mean 'contributing' to the cvs
> system and not the 'buildsystem' in full that will be put in place
> over the next month or so which will feed on material in the cvs
> server and spit out packages.

Bottom line: no buildsystem -- not yet a fair question to
expect a yes or no on.

In addition to dag's own tools, we have the approaches of PLD,
Mezzanine, caos-1, the Tao scripts, the Centos scripts,
http://www.autobuild.org/, http://www.scons.org/,
http://www.luntsys.com/luntbuild/index.html, anthill.  heck,
even RH's own Beehive already exist.

Why a closed design cathedral approach?