Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Fri Dec 17 15:06:31 UTC 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 16:22, Alan Milligan wrote:
> I've spent the last two months agitating for the resolution of bug
> 120635, Python macros - when will it finally occur to someone as to
> the merits of this case ????

This is happening upstream in RPM itself.  There's other baggage to help
with Python and RPM.  It'll trickle into FC4, I presume.  Eg, Requires:
python(abi) = 2.4 could be possible.

For an immediate solution, provide a forward pkg that provides
a /etc/rpm/macros.python.  Poke rpm-devel for further details.

take care,
--
-jeff