svn or arch

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Fri Dec 17 22:36:21 UTC 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 23:17, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:03:14 -0500, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com>
wrote:
> > No; you should be able to build packages from the Fedora public CVS
> > without access to the Fedora build system.  I say "should" in that I
> > don't know if it works now, but I think it's a bug if it doesn't.
>
> the pre-extras packages would be an example of this working.. since
> the fedora build system isn't fully together yet, the pre-extras
> packages were built on machines seth had access to. I think he built
> them on an fc3 full install system.

Is it maybe possible to give already a little bit of information about this
fedora build system? For example what i'm interested at: what is the minimal
set of packages which are installed within each buildroot? Is it possible to
give a list of packages for each distro/arch? People who are willing to
contribute, can already start with modifying their spec files according to
this lists so they can be added faster when the cvs is open and the build
system is ready.

An example: is gcc-c++ installed by default or should it be included in the
BuildRequires of each c++ program?

kind regards,
Dries Verachtert