Choice of default fonts in webrowsers

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Mon Dec 20 16:49:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 15:12 -0500, Chris Blizzard wrote:
> The fonts are driven by fontconfig.  So it's up to the system config
> to do the mapping.
>
> --Chris

Yes, and right now, by default, fontconfig prefers the Nimbus/Luxi fonts
over the Bitstream fonts. I have manually modified /etc/fonts/local.conf
to fix this problem, but it would be nice to have /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
have that as the default. At the moment, the Bitstream fonts are listed
as the second or third preferred font for serif, sans-serf and
monospace.