svn or arch

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 16:53:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 17:12 +0100, Dries Verachtert wrote:

> I'm using a PostgreSQL database to store all this information and also a lot
> of meta information about each rpm.

Ah ok, cool.  Is this build system available anywhere?  I'd be
interested to see how you're using postgres.

> My scripts only add the svn commit revision before a spec file is used for a
> rebuild. That modified spec file which contains the svn commit revision is
> not checked in again. It's only used for the rebuild.

Hmm.  So the Subversion repository revision is shared among all
packages?  That probably works, but it seems nicer to preserve the
natural ordering of package versions, with e.g. foo-1.2-3 -> foo-1.2-4
instead of foo-1.2-458 -> foo-1.2-7624.