svn or arch

Wed Dec 22 11:12:44 UTC 2004

Le vendredi 17 décembre 2004 à 19:33 -0500, Colin Walters a écrit :
> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 18:30 -0600, Satish Balay wrote:
>
> > I would sugest 'rpmbuild --rebuild bla.src.rpm' should work for
> > users. i.e 'bla.spec' that gets into 'bla.src.rpm' should be a
> > generated file based on all the data that can be automatically pulled
> > from external sources.
>
> Absolutely agreed.  The SRPM becomes a legacy format that should work
> with legacy tools.

Please don't.
I can happily work with a few cds on SRPMS.
I'll shot the first one that'll only suggest to replace it with a multi-
cd cvs dump

One of the foremost qualities of rpm is that a srpm is a simple archive
of package root + patches + specfile. CVS is ok for people heavily
involved in a project. For casual users, it can not replace a SRPM.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot