yelp not on menu ... .xmms directory not created

Jim Cornette cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 02:52:22 UTC 2004

Jonathan Blandford wrote:

>Jim Cornette <cornette at insight.rr.com> writes:
>

>>When searching the menus for help, I decided to try and run yelp at
>>the command prompt. I got this output in the terminal. Yelp came up
>>and is usable.
>>
>>yelp
>>Use of deprecated SAXv1 function endElement
>>/usr/share/omf/gnome-panel/window-list-es.omf:12: parser error : Input
>>is not pr oper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
>>Manual de la miniaplicaic?n Lista de ventanas V2.6
>>^
>>/usr/share/omf/gnome-panel/window-list-es.omf:12: error: Bytes: 0xF3
>>0x6E 0x20 0 x4C
>>Manual de la miniaplicaic?n Lista de ventanas V2.6
>>

>This is fixed upstream, and is harmless.  It should be fixed next time
>we rev gnome-panel.
>
>-Jonathan

Thanks for the info. I noticed a similar output when using either
up2date or yum to retrieve later rpms also. I didn't notice anything
loss of program functionality though.

Some comments regarding the synaptic touch pad issue.
This not being supported yet with the 2.6 kernel (or Xfree86) has
deterred me from trying the development or even the 2.6 kernel out on
the laptop.  Though my touch pad will work as a standard mouse without
the support. It is a loss of convenience that a lot of laptop users will
stay with the 2.4 kernel on these machines.

--
You have the body of a 19 year old.  Please return it before it gets wrinkled.