problem w/ running opengl/Mesa apps on fc1x

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 07:37:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Didier Casse wrote:

>Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
>
>My hardware seems to support DRI as a
>
>"cat /var/log/XFree86.0.log| grep DRI" gives:
>
>(II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI

That does not in any way indicate that your hardware supports
DRI.  That indicates that the XFree86 config file contains the
line ...

>w/ no visible error. I also tried to comment out the line
>
>   Load  "dri"

... in it, and that the X server has loaded the "dri" X server
extension module.  This has nothing whatsoever to do with
hardware support.  Everyone running XFree86 has that line in
their log file even if they're using a Trident 8900, as long as
the above config file line is present.

>Can anybody tell me what's wrong w/ the system or if it is some bug? How
>can I run OpenGL/Mesa apps?

Unfortunately, you haven't given any information that is useful
to determining what the problem is, nor even stated what video
card you are using.

This is the fedora development mailing list for discussion of
Fedora development issues however, it isn't an end user technical
support forum for XFree86 DRI problems.

Please subscribe to xfree86-list at redhat.com where this discussion
would be on topic, and myself and others will be more than happy
to assist you further however.