firefox-0.8-0.fdr.2.src.rpm mach rebuild help

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Feb 9 23:59:38 UTC 2004

Gary Peck wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 11:04:30PM +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:

>>>These 2 lines suggest that you don't have gcc-c++ package installed.
>>
>>I followed the mach README and did the minimal install. It should have gcc-c++
>>
>>any other options to enable this?
>

> for some reason, mach doesn't include gcc-c++ in its set of required
> build packages. i've notified the author but haven't received a reply
> yet. in the meanwhile, you either have to add "BuildRequires: gcc-c++"
> to firefox's spec file, or add something like the following to your
> .machrc file (replacing 'fedora-1-i386-core' with the label of the mach
> root you're using, if appropriate):
>
>     packages['fedora-1-i386-core']['build'] = (
>         packages['fedora-1-i386-core']['build'] + ' gcc-c++' )
>
> gary

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/HOWTOFindMissingBuildRequires
fedora.us Extras packages generally do not list any BuildRequires that
are part of the minimal set as defined by this page.

Add fedora-rpmdevtools to your minimal mach environment, and it will
automatically pull in everything you need to build anything from
fedora.us Extras.  Many Red Hat packages will fail, or produce
unexpected results though, due to missing or wrong BuildRequires though.
  We need to fix those eventually.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com