Building Radeon drivers on 2.6.x kernel rpms.

Gavin Graham g.graham at orrcon.com.au
Tue Feb 10 00:01:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

It seems that the kernel headers for 2.6.x are somehow incorrect.
I say this as I am trying to build the ATI Radeon drivers and I get the
following error message:

[root at localhost fglrx]# cd build_mod/
[root at localhost build_mod]# ./make.sh
ATI module generator V 2.0
==========================
initializing...
Error:
XFree86 drm includes at
/lib/modules/2.6.1-1.65smp/build/include/../drivers/char/drm do not fit
this driver.
This driver is designed to only work with X4.1.0 or higher.
You can match this by getting Linux kernel 2.4.8 or higher.

This has been happening with every release of the Fedora Dev kernel RPMS
for 2.6.x and it also happens with Arjan's kernel too.

I know there is some issues with the Radeon drivers that need to be
overcome for successfull compilation under 2.6.x but this specific
problem seems to be moreso with the actual kernel packages.

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Regards,
--
Gavin Graham