RFC: fedora.us bugzilla keywords

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Tue Feb 10 09:32:20 UTC 2004

This is a request for comments on the following proposal:

    To add a new bugzilla keyword at bugzilla.fedora.us to mark package
    requests which have been reviewed and approved by one person and which
    need a second approval.

The rational argument behind this is to make another easy bugzilla query
possible which returns packages which someone has reviewed already, but
which are in need of a second pair of eyes according to the current
policies. Without a bugzilla keyword (and without a global tracking
ticket), it would be difficult to find such package requests in the
database, and especially people new to "reviewing" might want to build
teams with other reviewers.

Of course, this doesn't have any influence on package requests which only
a single reviewer seems to have interest in. But at least they would be
more easy to locate, too. ;)

First I've thought about adapting bugzilla.redhat.com triage->foo
keywords, but these have the drawback, that once set in an additional
comment on a bug ticket, they cannot be taken back and would pollute
queries. On the contrary, bugzilla keywords [1] can be added/removed
arbitrarily, e.g. to withdraw a package approval in case more issues are
found. Fedora.us uses the QA keyword to flag packages which are in need of
reviews, the NEEDSWORK keyword to indicate a package is not ready yet
(being developed further and could need help), and PUBLISH to flag
packages which have been approved and which should be built and published
in the "pending" preview repository.

The keyword I have in mind would be REVIEWED or APPROVED, but I'm open for
different suggestions.

The first reviewer who approves a package would set the keyword in
addition to the existing keywords (including the QA keyword). The second
reviewer would replace QA and REVIEWED with PUBLISH if he approves the
package, too. Else he would delete the REVIEWED keyword (and possibly set
NEEDSWORK upon major issues) to restart the approval process. When only a
single approval is needed, the keyword is not used.

Feedback appreciated.

--
[1] https://bugzilla.fedora.us/describekeywords.cgi