a couple of bugs with development software

Tue Feb 10 13:30:52 UTC 2004

Le mar, 10/02/2004 à 12:57 +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra a écrit :
> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 13:18 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > >
> > > In my opinion this is a lovely change, and allowed me to remove the
> > > nautilus entry specifying the location of ~/evolution to some non-
> > > visible coordinate).
> >
> > I agree (even if an .etc and .share used by all apps would have been way
> > smarter).
> >
> > What I'm talking about is evo maildir handling. Since you can have mail
> > in the root of your maildir, evo maildir tree looks like :
> > maildir
> > . <- . folder
> > |-- folder 1
> > |-- folder 2
> >
> > This is real annoying - it eats a line and evo won't let you even
> > rename .
>
> I think that has to do with compatibility with a local imap server
> reading your mail folders (which makes it, IMHO, good) :)

Well, sure for compat mails are in the directory itself.
But evo don't have to *expose* "." to the user.
Either put "." mails directly under the account root, or in
"Inbox" (since . would be inbox for your imap server anyway)

The way it's done really feels like a last-minute hack.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Mailhot