Setting up mach

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Feb 10 23:35:27 UTC 2004

Hi, I have some problems with setting up mach.  If someone screams "go
to the mach list" I'll do that, otherwise I hope some other packagers
can help me out.

FC1 + updates.
mach-0.4.3 from http://thomas.apestaart.org/projects/mach

I have been doing builds on an old desktop machine that I have but it's
been having memory/cpu/kernel problems that I haven't tracked down yet
so I decided I'd have to install mach on my laptop to do QA builds
there.  Unfortunately, my laptop has only 6GB which I need for things
besides a mach chroot.  So I nfs mounted a (rw,no_root_squash)partition
from the desktop machine into my /var/lib/mach directory and tried to
get things running.

Running 'mach setup base' per the mach README gives me:
Preparing root
Updating apt sources ...
  and apparently hangs.  (strace on mach is complaining that apt-get
isn't giving it any data.  strace on apt-get tells me it's waiting in a
read()).

Is running mach on an nfs partition not going to work?  (File locking?
Permissions?)
Or is there some configuration on my end I should look into?

Thanks,
Toshio
--
Toshio <toshio at tiki-lounge.com>