Compiling Fedora... athlon

Jay Turner jkt at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 19:54:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 02:43:00PM -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> Speaking of which, it would be nice if bugzilla supported filing bugs
> that relate to more than one component. That's one of the reasons
> I prefer mail as the means of communication. Bugzilla's just a dumb
> machine, and I much prefer to deal with a human that understands that
> bugs are often related. Correct me if I'm wrong about this. And how can
> I file a bug which does not relate to one of those components, but
> something more general? (like the fact that fedora menus are a mess)
> How can I file a bug whose component I do not know ... if something
> broke in gnome, I know it's broken, and I have no idea which component
> is responsible...

There's a component called "distribution" where you can log general
distribution bugs.  As for not knowing the particular component which a bug
resides in, make an educated guess and the developers will generally sort
it out from there.

- jkt

--
Jay Turner, QA Technical Lead      jkt at redhat.com             Red Hat, Inc.

        Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
                                                   - Albert Einstein