XFree86: New via driver with DRI

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 00:39:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Dave Jones wrote:

>> Please test the new XFree86 build out on via hardware, and report
>> any problems in bugzilla.  DRI support requires that you be
>> running the latest Fedora development kernel.  I don't know if
>> the Fedora Core 1 or RHL 9 kernels have the via DRM module in
>> them or not.  If not - nag davej.  ;o)
>
>RHL9 - No, it doesn't actually have the VIA DRM code at all there.
>Unless someone finds the time to backport it, it isn't likely to
>happen.
>
>FC1 - Enabled since 2166.

Ok, good to know.  For the current time, the new via driver will
only be present in rawhide builds only, and no other OS release
builds.  There are issues I've heard Alan discussing in IRC that
I'd want to see fixed before releasing the driver in an
officially supported product.

Other than that though, feedback from people is appreciated.